Soaking Serenity

Baths and Teas for Stress Relief



Chamomile and lavender is the quintessential calming flowers combination. This is one of my favorite soothing bath recipes. I love the fragrance, the color, the cleansing feeling of chamomile and lavender against my skin, and I love the deep relaxation.

Start with very hot water to infuse your herbs, but then let the water cool to a comfortable temperature. I also add sweet almond oil to this recipe to moisturize and soften - I feel like a gleaming flower blossom when I get out!




Chamomile and lavender bath recipe:

  • 2 tablespoons dried chamomile blossoms
  • 1 tablespoon dried lavender flowers
  • 1 tablespoon lavender flower powder
  • 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
  • 2 drops spearmint essential oil


Add the dried herbs to a muslin tea bag and tie shut. Hang this bag over the faucet so the water runs over it or simply put in your tub as the hot water is filling. Add the lavender powder while the bath is filling and disperse well. Finally, swirl in the sweet almond and spearmint. Soak for at least 15 minutes to get the full serenity effect. Repeat indulgence as desired! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

I am not a health professional, but a tea drinker! My goal is to share my experiences with teas and soothing baths. This website does not intend to diagnose or treat any disease. If you need medical advice, consult with the professionals!!!